Sunday, June 5, 2016

Lesson 6/4/2015

I had a lesson yesterday with 先生 to practice my self-introduction, and it went fairly well. Because it's so difficult to string words together while also following any grammar rules, I dropped a couple of particles that I shouldn't have, but it was good otherwise. I'll list a couple corrections she made.

好きな食べ物は、野菜やご飯です。
As for foods I like, vegetables and rice.

趣味は、ゲームです。
As for hobbies, games.

I've translated those very literally to give a better understanding of how they sound more natural in Japanese. I can say "As for food I like, ..." rather than saying "As for food, I like ..." because it sounds better. It also sounds strange to say "As for hobbies, I like ..." so I can merely say "As for hobbies, ..." and list them as normal nouns.

Eventually I was able to give my intro without those mistakes, so success! I still need to practice it more so I'm not pausing a ton between sentences to collect my thoughts, but I'm happy enough right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment