Thursday, December 15, 2016

Genki I Finished!

I haven't posted in a few days, partially because I've been dying at my job as a software developer, and partially because I've been finishing up the final workbook exercises in Genki.

And now it's done! I've finished reading through the entire book and I've completed the exercises. I know that's not much of an accomplishment, but it's the first Japanese textbook I've completed, and it makes me feel like I've done a good job of staying on track with my studying.

Now I feel like I'll be able to work through Genki II even faster, and combining that with the extra reading I've been trying to do, I'll have a much better grasp of the language at this time next year.

In fact, I'll potentially be finished with Tobira at this point next year, which is a good N3 book that people often recommend. Even though that still feels so far away, I'm really excited for it, because I can't wait to see the difference in my comprehension.

So, here's to many more hours of studying, and many more a-ha moments! I know the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment