Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Te Form - Multiple Verbs

Throughout my Japanese studies, I've been waiting for the day where I find an "and" that's used for linking verbs so I can say I did multiple things in one sentence. Well, there's not necessarily an "and" for that, but there's an equivalent.

If I want to say that I did multiple things, I use the te form. The overall tense is determined by the last verb in the sentence.

昨日リーさんと朝ごはんを食べて、図書館で日本語を勉強した。
Yesterday I ate breakfast with Lee-san, then studied Japanese at the library.

今朝六時に起きて、学校に行って、午後三時帰った。
This morning I got up at 6, went to school, then came home at 3.

明日アヤトに会って、午後九時ごろに酒場でカラオケを歌いに行く。
Tomorrow I'll meet with Ayato, then go to the bar to sing karaoke around 9.

ここで昼ごはんを食べて、モールで買い物に行こう。
Let's each lunch here, then go shopping at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment